• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos in external discs not available

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that I cannot take in use my photos in Lightroom, the photos which I moved from computer to 2 external hard discs, both with the same content including Lightroom folders. I moved the photos and LR folders by copying them directly from C-disc to these 2 external discs.

Situation now:

• Catalog in LR shows the number of all 83 000 photos in ”All photographs”, that’s the right figure
  • Through ”Resource Management” all these photos can be seen in own year, month and day catalogs on external discs
  • But through LR only 10 000 of them can be found in their own catalogs in the external discs, and most of the adjustments have disappeared
  • In addition, in LR ”Catalog” there is a subfolder ”? Missing photographs” where 22 000 more photos can be seen but not taken in use (if trying ”The folder cannot be found”)

Through years I’ve had LR 3, LR 5, LR CC and now LR Classic CC. The latest has recently been taken in use in a new laptop with Windows 10, but the problem appeared before.

What should I do???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the links. Read them carefully, and got help for finding the folders with questiomarks. They disappeared only lately after taking in use the new laptop.

But the ”old problem” seems to be somewhere deeper. I try to describe it shortly:

• After moving a lot of folders (in good hierarchy year, month, day) from C drive to 2 external drives, I can find all of them through Resource management in their new locations, but only a minor part of them in LR. Most of them, some whole years, a lot of subfolders and photos inside them have disappeared.
  • These missing folders and photos are not visible with questionmark or grey in LR
  • I made an attempt by re-importing one small missing subfolder to LR, but it didn’t work. Probably because it has already once been imported (which is logical, of course). But still I cannot see it in LR.

I would be very grateful if finding a solution. It’s question of a huge amount of photos since 2002. I’ve certainly made a misstake somewhere, sometime, but how to correct it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines