• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders on external HDD not showing up when switching between mac and pc

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save all my photo's on an external hard-drive and import them into lightroom.  I switch between mac/pc laptop.

HDD file format is ExFAT

Folders that I edited on my mac laptop are not showing up on my PC laptop and vice versa.  There seem to be lots a questions around similar issues and after having read through the many of the discussions I still can't get an answer (maybe I'm not reading enough of them).

I always save the catalog file when shutting down.

Does anyone know how I can recover the edits on either laptop or have an explanation as to what I'm doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

LR is a Database, Catalog, system. If an image is not in the Catalog, a Record made in the database for that image, it won't show up in LR. Are you storing the catalog on that external drive or just the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR is a Database, Catalog, system. If an image is not in the Catalog, a Record made in the database for that image, it won't show up in LR. Are you storing the catalog on that external drive or just the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines