• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Images Bug

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When dragging and dropping .pngs and opening .jpgs in Photoshop (19.1.1) I've had the issue of the images not rendering correctly (screenshot below). The issue is resolved when I close and reopen Photoshop, but it's frustrating having to stop and close everything while I'm working. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 1.05.35 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

There is a bug affecting the opening of pngs on the Mac (although I've not heard of it affecting jpegs). If it is that same bug you can temporarily get round it by going to Preferences > Plug Ins and unchecking "Allow extensions to Connect to the Internet" and "Load Extension panels"

If that is not the cause here I would start by temporarily disabling the GPU. If that resolves it, look at updating or rolling back the GPU drivers on your PC before turning it back on in Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a bug affecting the opening of pngs on the Mac (although I've not heard of it affecting jpegs). If it is that same bug you can temporarily get round it by going to Preferences > Plug Ins and unchecking "Allow extensions to Connect to the Internet" and "Load Extension panels"

If that is not the cause here I would start by temporarily disabling the GPU. If that resolves it, look at updating or rolling back the GPU drivers on your PC before turning it back on in Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines