• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are AIR games getting penalized by Google Play?

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a drastic decrease of games downloads since the beginning of February. I have a really high ANR and Crash rate for games. I've been troubleshooting the games with different AIR SDK version but all bring the same or new errors.

Example: My most common error,

Input dispatching timed out (Waiting to send non-key event because the touched window has not finished processing certain input events that were delivered to it over 500.0ms ago. Wait queue length: 29. Wait queue head age: 20539.7ms.)

This is really frustrating. Other users are experiencing the same issue. Is Google Play trying to kill AIR Games?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, now... It seems there are many feelings of paranioa and persecution in the Adoba AIR community these days.  I have 28 apps on the Playstore and the downloads have remained pretty stable. I don't think everybody wants to kill us 

However, if you have many crashes, Google algorithms might have flagged your app as unstable and downrated it in the search results. Maybe is your app having issues with a certain type of keyboard? Are you using StageText fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment.

That is good to know that not all AIR games are getting penalized. I really like Flash (Animate CC). I really need to bring my ANR and Crash rates down.

I use StageText fields on some of my games but not on all. I also do not use packages, I run everything from the timeline. I am thinking that might be causing the errors.

I use NativeApplication to stop the game whenever it is out of focus. But I notice the game still keeps running on the background at a lower framerate.

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.DEACTIVATE, Deactivate false, 0, true);

function Deactivate(event: Event): void {

System.pause();

}

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.ACTIVATE, Activate, false, 0, true);

function Activate(event: Event): void {

System.resume();

}

I also use a preLoader.

I have no idea what is causing the crashes, it is really frustrating. Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are affected by the bug described here, you may join in to get Adobe to fix this bug..

https://github.com/Gamua/Adobe-Runtime-Support/issues/29

In short: The ANRs you are experiencing are caused by using sounds in Air, and you are not the only one affected by this. A partial workaround is available, but it creates a new problem. So ultimately we require a fix by Adobe, but viveknegi1 has gone into silence mode since 2 of his attempts did not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines