• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to re-install older version of Photoshop in Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Creative Cloud I had both Photoshop CC 2017 and 2018.  I had a problem with 2017 , so I uninstalled it, and was hoping to re-install it.   Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to re-install.  I've read that I should be able to find "Additional Apps" Under "Apps" in Creative Cloud, but that isn't there.  I also read that I should be able to find "Previous Versions" as well.  That isn't there either.  Even though I am logged into my account, I cannot figure out how to re-load the 2017 version.  I did find a support link that had the 2017 download, but when I try it, it opens 2018.  That version does not work properly on my computer, and I don't have the time right now to try to figure it out.  I need Photoshop CC 2017!  Can anyone help?

!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

From the Creative Cloud App. Click on the downward facing arrow icon.

Select "Other Versions"

Screenshot 2018-03-06 22.28.33.png

Screenshot 2018-03-06 22.28.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Creative Cloud App. Click on the downward facing arrow icon.

Select "Other Versions"

Screenshot 2018-03-06 22.28.33.png

Screenshot 2018-03-06 22.28.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  It didn't work for me, but  this is the correct way to do it, so hopefully it will help others.  I didn't realize that I had to use the down arrow to access the different versions, but when I did as you stated the installation failed.  Apparently something got messed up on my computer

After looking online to determine what the error code was, I ended up contacting Adobe and the tech had to physically connect to my computer to download it.  It took a couple of hours, and many attempts before the tech was able to get it to work.  Unfortunately I now have to re-install all of my other Creative Cloud apps because the original folder had to be re-named and all file associations were dropped, but it is a small price to pay to get it fixed. 

Thanks again, it's nice to have someone out there that knows what to do! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no arrow, seems the only version I have downloaded and installed is Photoshop CC and all I get is black screen when I open images from camera raw into PS 😕
Not sure what version I had thpugh before, but I uninstalled PS and installed again, might maybe have lost the other version when I uninstalled?
On a pc laptop wich is less than a year old.
Few weeks ago I had no problem with PS but now it sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd do an online chat with Adobe.  I know chats can be a slow and painful process sometimes, but it was worth it for me.  They had me try a couple of things on my own first, and when that didn't work they asked if they could connect to my computer.  I don't normally like doing that, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to fix it, so I decided to go for it.    Other than re-loading my programs, they did everything for me.  They would have even reloaded the other programs, but I needed my computer right away, so I didn't have the time to wait.  Sometimes files get corrupted, and if you don't know how to figure out where the issue is, it's best to find someone that does.  So far, my computer and programs are working great.  Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines