Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Right Click Context Menu Modify

Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I just had to reinstall Windows, and along with it, all my CC apps.  In Photoshop, now, when I have the brush active, and I right click, I'm getting a larger window then I used to.  I only want the size and hardness, but it's also showing brush groups and some slider at the bottom.  None of the options seem to make this stuff go away and I can't drag the window any smaller.  Am I missing something?

Thx!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be different because we have the new brush management system with CC2018, but you can still make it pretty small. Turn off as many options as you can via the little gear icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I must not have gotten this thing in my previous updates, and I guess there's no way to close all that stuff, because I don't want/need it.  What's the slide at the bottom for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just bumping this thread as I found no newer info on this. Has something changed in the meantime? Like the OP, I´d like to get rid of the "big" context menu and just show size and hardness (I removed everything possible and minimized it as much as it lets me do it). I fully understand why the extra brush tips are there, but some of us just don´t need them.

It would also be nice to be able to extend the '"size" slider a bit further as the resolution towards the larger end of the slider (1000px and up) is a quite exponential, making the selection a bit of a hit&miss.  

Thinking a bit further, a fully customizable context menu would be brillant for users who´d like to change the brush mode via context menu ...

-------- Mac Mini M2 Pro, Ventura 13.4, PS 24.7.1 --------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines