• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

saving metadata changes made in lightroom to the jpeg file

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been importing metadata, captions and keywords into lightroom using smugmug syndback. I think the changes to the metadata are all held in the catalog file in lightroom and have not been written to the actual jpeg files.

How do I get the changes in the catalog data to embed in the jpeg files  to enable it to be read  in other programmes.

I have prodessed around 5,500 jpegs so need to do it in bulk as opposed to singly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Select all and press Ctrl+S (Cmd+S on Mac) or use the menu:

Metadata >> Save Metadata to Files

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all and press Ctrl+S (Cmd+S on Mac) or use the menu:

Metadata >> Save Metadata to Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote "Select all and press Ctrl+S (Cmd+S on Mac) or use the menu:

Metadata >> Save Metadata to Files"

This should work provided the jpeg files have been imported into the Lightroom Catalog. The edits performed in the develop module will only be able to be read and applied if you use another Adobe Application like Photoshop/ Bridge/ ACR.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27ā€ mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crig2  wrote

How do I get the changes in the catalog data to embed in the jpeg files  to enable it to be read  in other programmes.

Not possible, unless you mean certain other Adobe applications. Non-Adobe software cannot read and interpret properly the metadata of your edits that can be stored in the metadata portion of your files. Your edits are useless to other applications, they don't know how to make use of the edit information.

You could EXPORT the files, and then all applications can see your changes. This is different than saving metadata.

I have prodessed around 5,500 jpegs so need to do it in bulk as opposed to singly

This does not have anything to do with the rest of your comments, it is independent. Lightroom can edit photos in bulk by selecting many photos and then turning Auto Sync on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

crig2   wrote

Not possible, unless you mean certain other Adobe applications. Non-Adobe software cannot read and interpret properly the metadata of your edits that can be stored in the metadata portion of your files. Your edits are useless to other applications, they don't know how to make use of the edit information.

As far as I can tell, the OP is talking about metadata such as keywords and captions, not edits. These kind of metadata can be saved to the jpeg files and will be read by every application that understands metadata.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines