• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fitting Subject Into Guide Lines

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how, or if possible, to fit a subject perfectly into pre-made guidelines in Photoshop?

My images are 12 inches wide and I need a 1in buffer between the "object" and the edge of the canvas.

I can do this manually, but when I'm working with 100's of images a month production is hindered. Does anyone know of an automate way to accomplish this?

I have attached the image of the sofa I need to fit within the guide marks. The left and right arms of the sofa should fit within the left and right lines.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 2.09.04 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you now manually resize the image to 10 inch wide so it fits the 12 inch canvas with a 1 inch border? If so, maybe you can turn it around. Resize the image to 10 inch wide, then add 1 inch to both sides of the canvas (and whatever is correct for the top and the bottom). You could record this in an action, so that it can be done with a single mouse click.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl (win) or Cmd (mac) +T to transform sofa layer.

Hold Shift+Alt while you drag handles & re-scale sofa to maintain its aspect ratio.  

Note the horizontal and vertical scale.   Unless your images are all exactly the same height & width, I don't see how an Action will help you much.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines