0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2018 10:58 AM by lew76876424

Image Processor - Works on a few images then crashes?

lew76876424 Level 1

Hey!

I'm running Photoshop on a MacBook Pro (new model, 2.3Ghz processor, 16gb RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536MB) and having issues. I'm trying to covert a lot of .HEIC images to .JPG. I was initially able to convert nearly a hundred images before crash, but when I attempt to run the processor it now crashes immediately or after several images, regardless of how many images I try to select for processing.

Is my computer not powerful enough to run this operation? It seemed to do fine at first. I have tried disabling GPU in Photoshop settings (as per a rec from a site when I googled) and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop.

I really need to get these images converted and have had little luck with using other converters. Not to mention doing these all individually would be a hassle as there are 3000+ in total. As mentioned, I tried breaking it up into smaller batches and it still crashed.

I do have a Windows PC with an RX 480 that I could install Photoshop on to try, but the problem is that I don't think Windows will even work with .HEIC.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!