4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 12:34 PM by D Fosse

Photoshop scaling issues

Solarmew

I'm running Photoshop CS6 on Windows 10 with resolution at 3840x2160 and scale and layout at 250%. At first I was having an issue with all the menus being super tiny, so I looked for a solution and found that going into Photoshop compatibility properties and checking "Override high DPI scaling behavior" worked. But now my brush painting area doesn't correspond to the cursor size anymore and it's really annoying ..... As in the area painted is actually bigger than the cursor size. Does anyone know how to fix it without having to go back to everything being super tiny?

• 1. Re: Photoshop scaling issues
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi solarmew,

Could you please take a look at this similar discussion Photoshop: Brush size bigger than painted area | Photoshop Family Customer Community and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

• 2. Re: Photoshop scaling issues
            Solarmew Level 1

None of those suggestions work :\ ... The reply by paulchrisjonesy kind of works:

"This worked for me: I right clicked the Photoshop shortcut in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, clicked Properties, clicked Compatibility, and then ticked Override high DPI scaling behavior. Then for 'Scaling performed by', I chose 'Application'. Click 'OK' and then reopen Photoshop."

but that makes all the menus super tiny again ...

So I can either not be able to see anything, or have brushes that don't match in size to cursor

• 3. Re: Photoshop scaling issues
              aadair2

Same for me.

Either ridiculously small menus that you need a really good magnifying glass for...in Photoshop CS6

Or cursor that is twice its normal size.

Also upgrades for program don't work. Adobe support assist doesn't exist. Preferences...nope...cursor thickness in windows settings...nope.

Unacceptable, Adobe. No support for CS6 but to render the application unusable is not reasonable!

• 4. Re: Photoshop scaling issues
                D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

aadair2  wrote

Unacceptable, Adobe. No support for CS6 but to render the application unusable is not reasonable!

CS6 is from 2012! It did not support high resolution displays, because high resolution displays did not exist at the time. CS6 is ancient history!

No software company anywhere provides new functionality for six-year-old and obsolete releases. You need a reality check.