• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kerning setting resets from Optical back to Metrics

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests, I am having an issue while typesetting. I will write a line of text and change the kerning to Optical to correct the spacing. When I move on the the next line by dragging the text box down and creating a new layer for a new line of text, the option resets itself back to metrics. Is there a way to save it so it never changes off of optics?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Could you please post a screenshot of the problem? Also, you can try resetting the Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps.

Refer: Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations  and look for Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp and rename it to Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp.old and launch Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alafriend,

Could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you are using now? Also, please open Creative Cloud desktop app and check if there are any pending updates for Photoshop?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using CS6. I opened the app, but I am fully updated it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post a screenshot of the problem? Also, you can try resetting the Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps.

Refer: Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations  and look for Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp and rename it to Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp.old and launch Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines