Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken Image..?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graduate Poster 2018.jpg

I am a student worker tasked to design the next grad. student poster and for some reason when I save and open the file this happens. As you might be able to tell the bottom half of the poster isn't quite what we're going for.

I have no clue whats going on. I created the background in Ai and then put it into photoshop and then lay the student photos over it. All of the student photos in the bottom (which I have removed for privacy) are all fine, it's the bottom half of the background image that keeps turning up like this.

Ps. I am no a design major, but I have taken some graphic design classes, I'm pretty familiar with the software but I have NO IDEA how I messed it up!

!! I have to turn the file over to my boss so ANY help would be greatly appreciated !!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many Layers does the file have?  When you placed the background, did you flatten the file?  Can you select the blue areas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file has a LOT of layers due to how many pictures I have, but the file had no issues up until recently when I tried to turn it into a PDF to be printed. 

I have one flattened finished poster with all of the student pictures which turned out fine. It's this image from the unflattened version, which is the one I have to turn over, that is having the issue.

I can quick select the blocks of messed up color but the image moves as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to judge what is a mistake and which is a design feature.

Maybe you should hide the AI background and create a new one in Photoshop (you can rearrange the Layers).

By the way, you may want to produce (say) a JPG for the final output perhaps to pass to a printer – keep your original layered Photoshop file so you can make further changes if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the bottom half of the image that has the issue, the entire bottom is discolored and is being somewhat duplicated.

The poster, thankfully, has been printed and is up. It's just a matter of fixing the photoshop file. It was during the printing process that the file went haywire. I really can't take the time to remake the image so I'm hoping there's a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create a PDF for printing, if so how did you produce it and what version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was a PDF, I just saved a copy as a Photoshop PDF and the version it says it's compatible with is Acrobat 5 (PDF 1.4) Acrobat 5.0 and later. I believe I have the latest version of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you Save As a PDF, select from the Save Adobe PDF dialogue box select from the preset drop-down PDF/X-4 and try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines