• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect and Bose QC35 bluetooth

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Headset works perfectly with sound from all other applications, even from adobe connect on my iPhone. But when I connect through my macbook and secure the sound settings in OS reflect sound output is to be directed to my qc35, nothing happens - no sound travels to my headset. ( i can quickly turn on iTunes music from my mac which works fine though). Something is wrong somewhere and is seems to not be a user setting as far as I can tell...I see strings around this subject here and there inhere but not answers that works for me. The adobe diagnostics tool that I used to test pre meetings on mac works consistently well as sound is tested to be all in order but as soon as the meeting starts it no longer works. Remember the adobee connect app and same headset works perfectly when I connect to a meeting through my iPhone...for me it "feels like" bug in adobe software but i can't say for sure...

Any other tips?

Thanks all

KR,

Klaus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Connect App or just running the meeting in your web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try launching a meeting in your browser (add ?launcher=false to your Meeting URL) and see if it behaves differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Behaves the same. Test process functions equally smooth in the browser - all indicates it should work. (I run VMware Fusion also with Windows on my mac, and I tested also now in the windows environment - both Mac and Windows environment test indicates there should be no issue when the real meeting starts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which test you would be doing to indicate that the audio should work in a meeting. The 'Test Your Computer' page just tests whether you can join a meeting or not.

If you go through the Audio Setup Wizard in the room, I suspect you won't see a different outcome. Sadly, I think the answer at this point is to use a different headset. I'm not sure why it isn't working but there must be some reason that Connect doesn't see your headset. I recall that using a Bluetooth headset in the past worked for me, but I've not used one for many years.

I do recall others having trouble getting Bluetooth headset recognized, but I don't know of a solution. Maybe try the Connect Support team, and see if they have any ideas: Adobe Connect Help | Adobe Connect Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I apologize for the late answer:

1) on which test question: This one. (point 2 is much more important)

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.47.32.png

2): More importantly - I seem to have found a workaround based on your answer: I started the meeting in the browser instead. It prompts to install Flash 13 I believe it was called. Then loads fine and audio works smoothly in the bluetooth headset as per descriptions above. But here is the kicker. I then thought it was the flash that was missing for the connect app also. I then opened the app while the browser was running the meeting. I then got double audio (i.e. I could hear two audio streams clearly). I then closed the browser and the app continued to send audio just fine to the headshet. BUT. When I go straight to the App and open it as the primary meeting software there is STILL no sound. AND when I first open the browser to maybe kickstart flash (???) and then open the App, then the App sends audio just fine to my headset and I can without impact close the browser.

So - something about the app not kickstarting audio, but the browser helping to kickstart it...i.e. software issue I gather and not hardware on my end.

So fixed, but not fixed - since the browser support is being removed I believe i.e. this solution may stop working "shortly".

Any this prompts any new ideas I'm all ears

Thank you so much!!

Kind Regards,

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browser version is not going away as far as I have heard, and a second HTML5 browser version should be out in a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have QC35s and I connected them to my Mac then

• Go to the hosts panel and right click on the name
  • Settings
  • Audio Output tab
  • Macbook speakers (or maybe default speakers) instead of QC35

Enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines