Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FootageItem.replace with layered PSDs

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm trying to change the source location of all the psds in my project to the same files located in another directory. Unfortunately, when I try to use FootageItem.replace to do this and I have several footage items that source from the same psd (as different layers from that psd), each of those items just turn into the full psd, rather than staying as the individual layers.

basically, if I import a psd as Editable Layer Styles, it imports each layer in that psd as a separate item. so when I run a custom collect, and use FootageItem.replace to change the source to the new collection directory, it replaces each of those items with the full psd, rather than just that individual layer from that psd.

Hope that makes sense.

Any solutions?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe there's no workaround for this via scripting, unfortunately.

Is this a one-time-thing? Or do you need to automate a lot of projects like this?

If it's a one-time thing, what you could do, is temporarily remove or rename source folder on HDD, launch AE project and it will complain about missing items. Now, manually relink one item in the project to new location, and the rest of the mites should follow. Worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines