• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This project contained a sequence that could not be opened - please help!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working from Adobe Premiere Pro for the last six months on the same Premiere project, and a few weeks ago, Adobe updated to Premiere Pro CC 2018, Version 12.0.1 (Build 69). When I next opened my project, it said it was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and needed to be converted. I did this, and everything seemed fine with the project.

Yesterday, when opening my project, it came up with the error "The project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type." It then would not open my project.

I quit Premiere, tried re-opening my project, and it opened fine (and has been opening fine since then). Even still, I'm a bit worried about what this error means. I have read Adobe's instructions about what to do when this occurs (Error: sequence could not be opened) but I guess I'm curious to know if this is possibly a bug in Adobe because of the upgrade, or if my project is somehow corrupt. If it's corrupt, what do I do? The project been working fine for me for six months, and I don't know why this error message came up (and then has suddenly disappeared). Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated - I got conflicting answers from the two people with whom I spoke at Adobe, and I'm deeply worried something is wrong with my project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you waiting for the files to be conformed before editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure what you mean - do you mean opening the project too quickly after plugging in my drive? Usually, I open my project, and it boots up and it takes a second or two for the media to load, and then everything is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone in the Adobe Support Community who can help me with this, I would appreciate it so much. I have tried contacting Adobe Customer Support Chat and they continually end my session without responding, simply saying, "Thanks for contacting Adobe. Visit our forums. Post questions and get answers from experts 24/7." I can't even get a case number (this is after conflicting answers from the two people with whom I spoke at Adobe over the phone). Premiere Pro CC​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines