3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2018 8:56 PM by jmk566

This project contained a sequence that could not be opened - please help!

jmk566 Level 1

I have been working from Adobe Premiere Pro for the last six months on the same Premiere project, and a few weeks ago, Adobe updated to Premiere Pro CC 2018, Version 12.0.1 (Build 69). When I next opened my project, it said it was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and needed to be converted. I did this, and everything seemed fine with the project.

Yesterday, when opening my project, it came up with the error "The project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type." It then would not open my project.

I quit Premiere, tried re-opening my project, and it opened fine (and has been opening fine since then). Even still, I'm a bit worried about what this error means. I have read Adobe's instructions about what to do when this occurs (Error: sequence could not be opened) but I guess I'm curious to know if this is possibly a bug in Adobe because of the upgrade, or if my project is somehow corrupt. If it's corrupt, what do I do? The project been working fine for me for six months, and I don't know why this error message came up (and then has suddenly disappeared). Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated - I got conflicting answers from the two people with whom I spoke at Adobe, and I'm deeply worried something is wrong with my project.