• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding several projects as keyable clips into another project

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a team of volunteers to create a project.  I've used Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 12 to create an animated lower third banner template.  The template uses background video, a mask, and the text as three separate video tracks.

I want to farm out all the banner making to another volunteer (using the same Windows 10 PC).  I want to add these clips on one video track and manipulate them independently.  I've seen threads about using 3rd party programs to copy and paste one project into another.  But, as I understand it, these copy the full project (in my case 3 video tracks) into the new one.  I'd rather have each banner be an individual clip.

My question:  Is there a way for my volunteer to do all the grunt work creating multiple clips so I can import them into my project and key them over my video?  Of course I'd like to maintain quality as much as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Button_Pusher

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having the others create the actual animation and then give you the finished video so that you can overlay it on other video, they'll need to output their lower-third as transparent, uncompressed video. Though it's possible they could also give it to you as an MP4 with a plain colored background and you could key it out. Which sounds kind of like what you're trying to do.

If so, what are the project settings of your main video? You can find this under the Edit menu, on the General page of Project Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

Here's my settings:

My template has variable transparency so keying out a plain colored background probably wouldn't be the way to go.

Where do I tell them to go to output transparent, uncompressed video?  Is that in Publish & Share -> AVI -> DV NTSC Widescreen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you using?

In version 2018, you'll find the option under Custom export settings. Yes, use AVI, Uncompressed, Basic Video setting 1920x1080, Aspect: Square Pixels.

If your video has no background, it should export with transparency. Although be aware that these files will be more than 10 times the size of regular AVC video since they are not compressed. I believe you also need to have Render at Maximum Depth checked.

In all honesty, I haven't tried to render transparent video from Premiere Elements ins several generations, so we may need to find someone who knows for sure -- either on this forum or, better, among the panel of experienced folks at the free Community Forum at Muvipix.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a clip with transparency you export to Computer > Custom > Quicktime > Animation > 8 bpc+alpha.

For avi: avi, videocodec None, and 32 bits.

Or for smaller files install Lagarith codec (lossless codec).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using Premiere Elements 12.  I don't have an option for 8bpc+alpha.  Here's what I have.  I tried this and it didn't work (no alpha!).  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Twirl down Depth.

Set it to 32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines