Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - Windows 10 - Save For Web error - Specified Path

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having. I've searched repeatedly for solutions and none of them have worked. This is a detailed run-down of the problem and the suggested solutions I've tried (none have worked unfortunately):

- - -

After opening Adobe Photoshop CS6 (32 or 64-bit, both have the same issue), opening a document and then selecting File>Save for web... I immediately receive the following error message:

"The operation could not be completed. The system cannot find the path specified."

The 'Save For Web' window doesn't appear at all, and after clicking okay, nothing happens.

- - -

As for the solutions I've tried:

- Entering regedit to the location of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" and ensuring that all document related paths are set to %PERSONAL%etc (they already were as default).

- Running the application as Windows 7 compatible / Administrator mode.

- Changing the permissions on the Photoshop application folder/contents and the Appdata roaming folder/contents.

- Cutting and pasting the 'Save For Web' plugin into other folders.

- Doing a fresh install of Photoshop CS6.

- Installing the latest Photoshop CS6 update manually as the Adobe Application Manager fails to connect to servers (closed down?).

- Clearing the AppData/Roaming folders of preference files (note: there is no preference file nor folder for 'Save for web', apparently that is something other people have).

...and that's everything I can recall trying. Over a week ago, I was running Windows 7 with Photoshop CS6 fine, but other issues somewhat forced me to upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, everything has worked fine except for this. I would greatly appreciate anyone who tries to help or can provide a solution.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

A very late response - but I found the issue in the end.

It turns out it was Window's Protected folder access (anti-ransomware) to blame! Simply disable it or add Adobe Photoshop CS6 (and it's program files folder) to the exceptions and voilà!

Alternatively, try "Photoshop-Export-Layers-to-Files-Fast" which can be found here:

https://github.com/hsw107/Photoshop-Export-Layers-to-Files-Fast 

It's a great bit of kit which is compatible with CS6!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating from Win 7 to Win 10 directly, there are often issues like yours.

Deinstall your CS6, read this help page and run the Cleaner Tool and install again.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for the message Fenja. I'll give this a try but I shouldn't have thought it'd have been an issue:

I've installed the Production Premium suite to my E drive, which is where it was before. The previous version that was installed with Win7 was uninstalled and deleted (no Adobe folder left on the E drive).

On the C drive, my Windows 10 installation wasn't a "transfer update" but a "fresh, clean update", so all the old previous files are in a Windows.old folder.

I'll try this method and let you know the results. I'm hoping it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fenja,

I followed the instructions but unfortunately this hasn't worked either. The problem still persists after a totally clean reinstallation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem from a different path which might illuminate a source:

I have CS6 on my old drive and it works fine in all aspects, including "save for web" in Photoshop 64bit.  I had the system drive cloned to an SSD and installed.  I boot from the SSD, and in Photoshop I get the error "The operation could not be completed.  The system cannot find the path specified."  If I boot from the original hard drive, Photoshop works fine.  I even tried copying the Photoshop program folder from the original drive and pasting it into the SSD after deleting the folder there.  Photoshop exhibits the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.   I wonder if there is a coding conflict between CS6 and Windows 10 when they are copied. I also have Microsoft's (free) Antivirus program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A very late response - but I found the issue in the end.

It turns out it was Window's Protected folder access (anti-ransomware) to blame! Simply disable it or add Adobe Photoshop CS6 (and it's program files folder) to the exceptions and voilà!

Alternatively, try "Photoshop-Export-Layers-to-Files-Fast" which can be found here:

https://github.com/hsw107/Photoshop-Export-Layers-to-Files-Fast 

It's a great bit of kit which is compatible with CS6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines