3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2018 6:28 AM by StealthFerret

CS6 - Windows 10 - Save For Web error - Specified Path

StealthFerret

Hello Adobe community,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having. I've searched repeatedly for solutions and none of them have worked. This is a detailed run-down of the problem and the suggested solutions I've tried (none have worked unfortunately):

- - -

After opening Adobe Photoshop CS6 (32 or 64-bit, both have the same issue), opening a document and then selecting File>Save for web... I immediately receive the following error message:

"The operation could not be completed. The system cannot find the path specified."

The 'Save For Web' window doesn't appear at all, and after clicking okay, nothing happens.

- - -

As for the solutions I've tried:

- Entering regedit to the location of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" and ensuring that all document related paths are set to %PERSONAL%etc (they already were as default).

- Running the application as Windows 7 compatible / Administrator mode.

- Changing the permissions on the Photoshop application folder/contents and the Appdata roaming folder/contents.

- Cutting and pasting the 'Save For Web' plugin into other folders.

- Doing a fresh install of Photoshop CS6.

- Installing the latest Photoshop CS6 update manually as the Adobe Application Manager fails to connect to servers (closed down?).

- Clearing the AppData/Roaming folders of preference files (note: there is no preference file nor folder for 'Save for web', apparently that is something other people have).

...and that's everything I can recall trying. Over a week ago, I was running Windows 7 with Photoshop CS6 fine, but other issues somewhat forced me to upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, everything has worked fine except for this. I would greatly appreciate anyone who tries to help or can provide a solution.

Thank you.