3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2009 4:32 PM by el pescado

Launching AIR app via Flash animation

TheDude7563 Level 1
      Hey,

I've created Flash swf file, that should lunch my air app with some extra parameters. When I open .swf file in Flash Player app it works ok, but when I open the same .swf file via browser (tested on both Windows/OS X, IE, Firefox, Safari) nothing seems to happen.

Flash animation can detect installed app version both in Flash Player and in a browser, but only the Flash Player can actually launch the AIR application.
        • 1. Re: Launching AIR app via Flash animation
          billbrasky66
          I've been doing this too over the last few days, and here's a couple things I ran into

* Ensure your xxxx-app.xml has <allowBrowserInvocation>true</allowBrowserInvocation>. Also note that the default value in there is commented out (I set it and it didn't do anything because it was still commented out!).
          * You can't launch the application outside a user action (like clicking a button). If you call getApplicationVersion in the button, then launch the app in the callback, that won't work because the callback isn't a user operation.
          • 2. Re: Launching AIR app via Flash animation
            TheDude7563 Level 1
            billbrasky66 thanks for tips, but I have browser invocation set to true, and i'm launching my app via click.

Like I said, when I use Flash Player, the app launches just fine.
            • 3. Re: Launching AIR app via Flash animation
              el pescado
              Hello,

Was this question ever answered? Is it possible to open an AIR app from the browser without it already being installed?

For example.....if I have a Flash website, can I click a button and have an animation come outside the browser window? I thought I saw a tutorial of this somewhere.

Any help would be great.

Thanks