• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Location Tag Hierarchy

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I edit the location tag hierarchy in elements organizer 18? The software is inconsistent in assigning the tags and the documentation bordering on hopeless.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific in what you are trying to do? Are you trying to rename the tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to understand the location hierarchy and get it set up in a more logical fashion. For example, three towns in Northumberland:

Morpeth placed as UK/England/Northumberland/Morpeth

I expected the other towns to be placed in the same way: UK/England/Northumberland/town. Instead it came out as:

UK/England/Woodhall

UK/England/Newbiggin by Sea

& etc

I could not find any way to set this up so all Northumbrian towns were placed under their county.

Unfortunately this is academic now. I really liked the functionality Photoshop Elements but it was too difficult to find product specific, up to date documentation and, more seriously, found it very crash prone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same issues.  The hierarchy that is derived from the Google maps tags … which is inconsistent as explained below.  … and what is frustrating is that there is no for the users to configure the hierarchy to our preferences.  The users are being forced to use "corporate" hierarchy that has not been validated with local knowledge of the area.

In the screenshot attached there are several "legs" of the hierarchy which demonstrates the inconsistencies:-

1) UK - Devon - Exmouth … which is correct.  Exmouth is a town within Devon

2) UK - England - Dawlish … Raises the question whether England or the UK is the country ? … but more importantly Dawlish is a town within Devon so is inconsistent with (1) above.

3) UK - England - Devon - Dartmoor National park … Correct. Dartmoor is an area within in Devon, but as per (2) the hierarchy is inconsistent with (1) above.

4) UK - England - Paignton … Paignton is a town within Devon so why not the same hierarchy as (1)?

Adobe Elements Screenshot.jpg

I was hoping that the product would be a good way of tagging the "Places" of both photos with, and without GPS information, in a similar manner, but sadly this doesn't seem to be the case, or if it is, like "MortonNorton" I am also struggling to find product specific, up to date documentation.

I hope that the ability to edit the Places hierarchy is included in a future edition.  It lets down what is otherwise a good product (based on my limited experience of using it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines