6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2008 4:59 AM by Peter Grainge

Version 7.0.2

CRO1 Level 1
      Greetnigs,

Installing the recent RoboHelp patch (7.0.2) casues problems with French characters. For example projects published to a server casuses the term conformément to appear as: conformément.

We reverted back to 7.0.1 and the problem is resolved.

Regards,
        • 1. Re: Version 7.0.2
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Can you please post the html of the sentence in the source that gives this problem?

• 2. Re: Version 7.0.2
            CRO1 Level 1
            Peter,

As per your request, the HTML code for the example is:

<p>Les agences de services publics peuvent utiliser ce site pour indiquer
            au Centre des armes à feu Canada si elles ont des armes à feu d&rsquo;agence
            ou des armes à feu protégées à déclarer conformément au <span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"><I><B>Règlement

In the code, the accents appear as the should, however, they do not display properly.

Regards,
            • 3. Re: Version 7.0.2
              Am I right in thinking the problem is only on the server?

What font are you using and have you tried other fonts?

• 4. Re: Version 7.0.2
                CRO1 Level 1
                Peter,

You are right, problem only occurs on the server, not from the local drive.

The font we are using is Arial 10pt. We have not tried different fonts. The only differnce in the three machines was 7.0.2. (two machines had 7.0.2 one had 7.0.1). We are going to test the projects on a different server.
                • 5. Re: Version 7.0.2
                  CRO1 Level 1
                  Peter,

We did some more testing. Using 7.0.2 and publishing to an Apache servers causes the French characters to disaply incorrectly. Using the same project and publishing to a different server (in the case Unix) no prblems whatsoever. No problems either when we used 7.0.1 and published to an Apacher server.
                  • 6. Re: Version 7.0.2
                    Sorry I didn't pick up on this quicker. See item 22 in Using RH7 on my site.