0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2008 2:56 AM by zilvester

cfpop NDR details attachment

zilvester
      Hi,

I can read/get attachments from 'normal' emails but the NDR (Non Delivery Reports) from my SMTP are 'different'.

Each NDR has two attachments:
      1) the original email
      2) 'details.txt' - the bit i desperately need to read as it contains the code that gives the reason for non-delivery! e.g 4.0.1, 5.4.0 etc

The resulting query's attachments and attachmentFiles columns for these NDR emails says "empty string" - I can't see either attachment.

I'm using (CFMX7) CFPOP "getall" with a valid attachmentPath (confimed it's working) and generateUniqueFilenames="yes"

---------
      SO it's down to the 'type' of email that these NDRs are... This from the offending email's headers:
      Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status;

There's definitely something about these mails that's upsetting CF... is there a way to get at their attachments?

BTW: This is NOT the old java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException problem... I installed jcharset.jar to fix that... but maybe this is related...?

Perhaps there's a way of interpreting the header tag X-DSNContext:
      X-DSNContext: 7ce717b1 - 1378 - 00000002 - C00402EF
      Sadly i can't see how these relate to the standard codes. e.g 4.0.1, 5.4.0 etc

Would this be fixed by using CFX_POP3??

I wish the mails would just come through with the error codes in the body but they don't - the important stuff is trapped in this details.txt attachment that i can't get at :(
      Here's an example:
      "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
      Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.
      failedemailaddress@hotmail.com"

Many thanks in advance for any help
      VV