• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.9 not recognizing Nikon raw NEF files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using Lightroom 6.8 and importing Nikon NEF files without incident. My hard drive crapped out and had to reinstall Lightroom but I installed the latest stand-alone version of 6.9. It now does not recognize importing Nikon D850 NEF files nor will it convert them to DNG on import. Can someone please help? Thank you. -Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

With a new install there is no install application for LR 6.9 you first have to install the initial installation application then update to the version you require which would be a patch. See the link below for the downloads. The latest version of Lightroom six is 6.14 and this is the final version of the Lightroom stand alone version.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 7.24.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a new install there is no install application for LR 6.9 you first have to install the initial installation application then update to the version you require which would be a patch. See the link below for the downloads. The latest version of Lightroom six is 6.14 and this is the final version of the Lightroom stand alone version.

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 7.24.27 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will only convert to DNG if it already supports the original raw files. You need to update to at least Lightroom 6 . 13. You might as well install 6.14, since that is the final update for Lightroom 6. It can be downloaded and installed from the following website:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here but once I’ve installed the 6.14 downloaded from the link provided then I can’t launch because the api-convert/string etc are all missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try uninstalling LR 6, entirely, using the Windows Programs & Features or Apps function then download and install first the initial LR 6 (700+MB) from the link on the page marked as the correct answer, then install the LR 6.14 patch, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve tried that twice now (downloaded from the above links) and still the same, once on my current system and once on a fresh win8.1 and get the same both times. Would windows be the issue as I’m not keen on win10 so don’t want to upgrade unless its life or death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sonicpossum  wrote

I’ve tried that twice now (downloaded from the above links) and still the same, once on my current system and once on a fresh win8.1 and get the same both times. Would windows be the issue as I’m not keen on win10 so don’t want to upgrade unless its life or death.

"still the same"? Describe in detail. At what step does the install fail? If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines