• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS6 Serial Number Revoked

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought AE CS6 about 4 years ago and tried installing it just now and it says my serial number has been revoked. It is a legitimate serial number and I had it previously installed on my old computer. It worked perfectly fine and made a few projects/videos with it back then. I have the disc and everything. Is this Adobe's way of saying I can't use an old version anymore and they are trying to force me to go subscription? If that's the case I'm taking my business elsewhere. I'm a student and having to pay hundreds of dollars just to have it revoked is ridiculous. As a hobbyist I don't need the latest patches whenever they update it. I just do this for fun. This is very frustrating because I wanted to get back into creating fun videos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

You will need to contact Customer Care (via phone or chat, not on these forums) - they will validate the serial number and explain why the message was shown. You say you're a student, if the license was an educational version then there may be specific reasons for the revocation; again this is not a matter for discussion on a public website.

There is no corporate policy to disable legitimate copies of CS6 so all the purchased serial numbers should work (eventually the license servers will shut do

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree with you mathew, unfair business strategy - at that time you paid and you enter into a perpetual contract with the compnay; can we now revoke our payment to adobe too? No. then what makes it legitimate for them to revoke our access to the product they promised to provide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will need to contact Customer Care (via phone or chat, not on these forums) - they will validate the serial number and explain why the message was shown. You say you're a student, if the license was an educational version then there may be specific reasons for the revocation; again this is not a matter for discussion on a public website.

There is no corporate policy to disable legitimate copies of CS6 so all the purchased serial numbers should work (eventually the license servers will shut down and a workaround will be issued as they did for CS2, but that's a long way off).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines