1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 7:44 PM by khyh63702952

Edge Animate sync video with timeline to display menu buttons at certain point

khyh63702952 Level 1

Hi,

I m new to Edge Animate, as some artist my coding skills are not the best so hopefully I can get some help here.

I have an mp4 video. not embedded video. At some point of this video I want to show some links   (I added these links as transparent rectangles that will allow me to show the text I created originally with video ).  So far I learn the video won't sync with the timeline unless some code is added.

I tried  this: To close to what I am trying to accomplish

How to make video interactive in Adobe Edge Animate - YouTube  (but I don't know how I could  use rectangles I created with hyperlinks instead of a simple text)

On this sample I am guessing if we change :

{

sym.$("Text").html("<a href='http://www.youtube.com'>Hi Raj !</a>");

}else{

sym.$(Text").html("");

}

});

and replace somehow the text with the rectangles or tell somehow to trigger a label pointed at that time will this make the trick? ..maybe?

This guy How to make HTML5 animations sync to an embedded video - YouTube  has sync it an embedded video. I tried to replace the code and adjust the embedded link with the video I have  but unfortunately It wasn't as easy as thatmI was not able to figured out this one.

(character and text is video, invisible rectangles in Edge Animate ) This is a visual sample of what I am trying to do.

sample.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!