3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2018 11:53 AM by bubbab

Recover a file from autorecover

ironchef_marc Level 1

I spent all morning editing a beauty shot and as I launched liquefy for finale adjustment  Photoshop crashed on me. I did not panic as I know I have "save in background" and also auto-save every 5 minutes. I've never lost a file before and Photshop has been pretty solid and the few time it crashed before I was able to pick up right where I left.

Now this time upon relaunching I did not get the auto-saved file.

I looked in the expected place

C:\Users\~\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\AutoRecover

but to my surprise there is no autorecover folder there.

My file was not saved in the background.

Now I'm starting to panic

• 1. Re: Recover a file from autorecover
          davescm Adobe Community Professional

Hi

On Windows, the file location of the recovery file is usually on the first scratch drive in a folder named PSAutoRecover, so in my case my first scratch disk is D  so the autorecovery files are   D:\PSAutorecover\username\autorecoverfilename.psb

However , if you have since opened Photoshop and closed it the folder may have been emptied

Dave

• 2. Re: Recover a file from autorecover
            ironchef_marc Level 1

Thanks empty as well. Gone I guess arrghhh

• 3. Re: Recover a file from autorecover
              bubbab

This Autosave function recently stopped working. Photoshop crashes. On reopen there is no longer a Recovered file. On checking the folders there is no recovered docs there.

This is becoming a Huge problem as Photoshop crashes often and I counted on the recovery feature. Burned half dozen times now so ill have to go back to forcing self to constantly hit save again. They need to Fix this asap.

Using Photoshop since 1994. On CC '18. Been unhappy for years