• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows crash

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A wonderful windows update crashed my desktop where all my pictures were stored. Is there a way since I have backed up my photos that they can be found?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

The photos would have to be restored to the exact same folders on the same drive names or letter designations. And you would have to have the same catalog that you had previously. Then you could install the same version of Lightroom that you were using and open that catalog, and everything should be in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos would have to be restored to the exact same folders on the same drive names or letter designations. And you would have to have the same catalog that you had previously. Then you could install the same version of Lightroom that you were using and open that catalog, and everything should be in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just because Windows crashed doesn't mean your images got delete or destroyed. Once you get Windows back up and running, if you haven't formatted your drive, then everything should be right where it was before.

When you say crash what exactly do you mean by that.

Might not of been the Windows update and your drive failed. I don't know that as I'm not sitting at your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines