• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR of combined text and objects

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OCR of combined text and objects (electrocardiogram tracings) leads to recognition of portions of object as text, and distorts/fragments the image. Some tracings are faxed with moire distortion that may partly explain this. I can't find a way to selectively do OCR on the text portion.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hi John,

As Lovekesh stated, you cannot do selective OCR on a document within Acrobat at this point in time. The only option I'm aware of is to let Acrobat OCR the entire document (or page) and selectively pull out what you need/want.

But also, I gather that the document you are working with is a fax? If so, that's a poor place to start an OCR from. That's not to say that you can't OCR a faxed document but rather you are going to have more errors in the text than if the document was a clean page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way as of now to do selective OCR. We will raise your concern as a feature request and inform you if there is any update.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

As Lovekesh stated, you cannot do selective OCR on a document within Acrobat at this point in time. The only option I'm aware of is to let Acrobat OCR the entire document (or page) and selectively pull out what you need/want.

But also, I gather that the document you are working with is a fax? If so, that's a poor place to start an OCR from. That's not to say that you can't OCR a faxed document but rather you are going to have more errors in the text than if the document was a clean page. Consider the letter combination "rr," the less quality the original document, the more likely that will be interpreted as "n." Is there any chance you can get a cleaner, non-faxed, document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines