• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in Printing Acrobat Pro - Before you can perform print-related task such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Community,

I have a big problem in printing pdf files in Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended 9.0 Everytime I want to print, there's a message box saying "Before you can perform print-related task such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer". Before I can print properly without this problem then suddenly, this problem occurred. I can print on my printer in any MS Office application only on pdf and windows 10 photos, have a problem. in windows 10 photos, I change the default in windows photo viewer and I can print properly. The only pdf has a big problem now. I am working as Executive Secretary and most of my documents are pdf files.

I try other solution from the internet. I change already the default printer and run as administrator but still the same.Please, I very need your help to fix this issue.

Hoping for your possible response to fix my problem.

Thanks & best regards,

RODY

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Hi Sir Abambo,

Thank you for your response. I just refresh my OS on windows 10 and install again the Acrobat Pro 9, and it's working properly now. I think, there are some viruses comes to my laptop and infect one of the registries entry for Acrobat 9.0. anyway, thank you for your kind response to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is very old, not supported by Adobe any longer and not compatible with Windows 10. Problems with it are to be expected.

You can try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier version (like Windows XP), but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sir,

Even though I install Acrobat Pro DC still I cannot print. The dialog box of printing is coming out. but, after I pressed the print button it has not printing.. also the properties of printer in print dialog box is not working.

Please sir, help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sir,

Even though I install Acrobat Pro DC still I cannot print. The dialog box of printing is coming out. but, after I pressed the print button it has not printing.. also the properties of printer in print dialog box is not working.

Please sir, help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screen shot of your problem?

Out of a dark corner of my memory: As I can remember, Acrobat 9 runs on Windows 10, but the virtual printer does not, due to some internal Microsoft changes. I cannot test however, as I have no 8 or 9 of Acrobat installed on my system. Anyhow, each update of your OS can break the software and with Windows 10, your possibilities are limited to hold up updates.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sir Abambo,

Thank you for your response. I just refresh my OS on windows 10 and install again the Acrobat Pro 9, and it's working properly now. I think, there are some viruses comes to my laptop and infect one of the registries entry for Acrobat 9.0. anyway, thank you for your kind response to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nice to hear that your problem has been solved. 😉

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines