2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2009 2:24 PM by swimmom123

project already open error

kmaddox1 Level 1
      I have a fairly large help system that I've created in RH 7. When I try to open the project, I receive the error, "This project is already open in another instance of the application" even though there is no other instance of RH running.
      I suspect the problem is related to source control--I believe the last time I checked the files in (before Christmas), RH was still running. Then, I closed down RH. Today, I checked out all the files and relaunched the application. However, I can't open the project (either from the Start pod or from Windows Explorer). Do I need to delete a file?
        • 1. Re: project already open error
          kmaddox1 Level 1
          Nevermind...pilot error. Turns out RH was already running in the background. All is good now :)
          • 2. Re: project already open error
            swimmom123
            Help! I'm receiving the same msg. Where did you find RH 'running in the background'?

I'm using RH HTML X5.0.2. I accidentally clicked the "Publish" button rather than the "Preview" button after Generating. I've never setup any Publishing preferences so I have no idea what it's doing! When I try to open the project from Version Control, I get a msg: "This project is already open in another instance of the application."
            How can I get back into my Project?!

Amy