• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimensions does not start after install on Windows 10 Pro

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated some of my "Adobe CC" desktop programms (PS, AI) and installed "Adobe Dimensions" for the first time. AI and PS work properly but Dimensions does not open at all. Absolut nothing happens, no error message, not even if I try to "open as administrator".

I deinstalled the programm, restarted the pc and installed again, nothing changed.

What can I do now?

PC:
WIN 10 Pro

Prozessor: Intel Core i7-670 CPU, 3.4 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
64-bit
graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Thanx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Dimension CC​ community for quick and better help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your processor Core i7-670 3.4GHz or Core i7-6700 3.4GHz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, there is no such chip and he likely has an i5-670 but that should still run Dimension because they are 2015 chips... my guess is antivirus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Silva

it's a Core i7-6700 CPU with  3.40GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please look for your Dimension log files and send those to tickets@adobedimension.com .  Here are the names and locations for the files:

DimensionGPUProfiler.log

Dimension.log

Mac:  ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/

Win:  ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension

If the files aren't there please check the permissions on the folder.  There is an issue where some machines aren't getting write permissions for these folders which prevents the application from starting up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeannette,

i am sorry, there is no folder named "Dimension" in the Adobe folder.

All other Adobe programms work propperly.

The writing permission should be ok.

Just installed an other Adobe programm (Lightroom) to test - but this installion worked properly and the program started faultlessly.  As expreced I found two new folders unter the location you discribed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, okay.  Unfortunately I'm not well versed in the installation issues.  I'd recommend contacting support who can walk you through and get more information about the issue.  Contact Customer Care

- Choose All Apps, then select Dimension from the "Additional" tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the local path is for a local account... people using a Microsoft account will have the files in "roaming" so that makes the path Users/{your username}/AppData/Roaming/Adobe Dimension CC

as you have never run the software I think this folder is blank but have a look... also what type of Adobe account have you got because Dimension isn't free as sometimes gets assumed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it could be a ram issue

open "dxdiag"... thats [windows key] + then type it into the box

Screenshot (688).png

I'm wondering what amount of display ram you have under the fake VRAM tab... if Adobe Dimension is still looking at this bs limit then its easy to edit and you should be using your GeForce GTX 960 to rendor anyway but you may only be on the intel chip if you set it wrong or don't have the correct Nvidia driver installed?

Screenshot (689).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ussnorway

thank you for your help.

Yes, there is an empty folder named "Adobe Dimensions CC" in the folder Roaming.

We of cause have a regular licence of CC, which includes Dimensions and many other programs.

The VRam says 2016 MB.

I'm still wondering what is the reason of my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mirka+May  wrote

The VRam says 2016 MB.

thats an odd amount... are you sure you looked on the display tab and not the render tab?

p.s, a screenshot helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ussnorway,

didn't know that I could put an screenshot in so easily. 😉

Sorry system is in german. I got no tab named render but two "display" taps, maybe becauce I have two displays running BTW "Anzeige" means display in German.

Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mirka+May  wrote

maybe becauce I have two displays running

correct and that explains the odd amount of Vram... as a test unplug one of the displays from the plug (not just turn it off) then set the display screen to 1024X768 and see if Dimension boots

assumes not = take another screenshot of the display amount of vram as in my example... with only one screen there should now be a display tab + render tab so how much vram is now set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you told me:
Dimensens did not start.

Here is the result. Looks equal ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok that means this system had two displays from day one but we can double check the vram

right click the screen and select display settings

display adapter properties

dedicated video memory is above 512mb?... not the 128 I have here then we should be ok and I'd move on to antivirus software

Screenshot (3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - here is the screen.

I already turned off antivirus (Kasperky) and tried to run Dimension 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this is a system requirements issue since the application isn't starting up.  Usually if a user is below minimum requirements the application will still startup and then a dialog will appear saying you don't meet the minimum requirements.  I think something else is happening outside of Dimension itself during the installer process.

I've moved this to the Download, Install, and Setup forum so hopefully someone who is more versed in the installation aspect can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mirka May, sorry you are facing problems with Dimensions CC launching.  To verify there were no installation errors with Dimensions CC can you please double check the install log for errors, Mirka May.  Information on how to locate the install log can be found at Creative Cloud download and install errors .

JeanetteMathews is correct that Dimensions is very particular regarding the need to meet system requirements to launch.  It also appears that the amount of installed Video RAM is correct since the GeForce GTX 980 appears to come with 2 gigs standard - GeForce GTX 960 | Specifications | GeForce .

If the suggestions offered by Ussnorway are not allowing Dimensions CC to launch, and you are not able to find any errors in the install log, then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care , Mirka May .  As suggested by JeanetteMathews, in message #8, contacting our support team for direct assistance is the best option to resolve any errors preventing Dimensions CC from launching successfully on the Windows 10 Pro computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a side note Dimension 101 sometimes losses its link to the start app from the Adobe CC... in Windows 10 this issue is worked around by opening from the Windows start tab

Screenshot (404).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you help again, but I tried to start it fom the WIN-menue (as your screenshot shows). Tried to start as asministrator. And tried to start it form the .exe file in the programm folder as well.

Tested every way I could imagine to run the program.
😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mirka May, did you locate any errors in the install log?  You are welcome to post any errors you discover in this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff,
the staff member JannetteMathews asked about the log earlier, but there still isn't such a .log or a folder named "dimensions" at the location Win:  ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\ ...

But I found an empty folder named Dimensions at this location:  Win:  ~\username\appdata\roaming

Does that help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation logs that Jeff is asking for are different than the Dimension logs.  If you look in the link he provided you'll see more information on gathering your installation logs.

Creative Cloud download and install errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines