Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with transparency [Branched]

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together!

I have the same problem. My starting point is also an optional PS file (transparent background) which I have inserted into an InDesign document. I put this file over a color bar. Afterwards I exported the file to pdf. The print preview in Acrobat is absolutely correct. However, when I print the file, the transparency is easily printed on the printout. This means that the exempted object then has a printed area (work area) in the background.

But I got the problem quite surprisingly a few days ago and I can't get a handle on it.

How can I fix this? Be grateful for advice.

Best regards, Rudolf

[This is not the same problem and has been branched to a new topic.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rudolfi,

Try exporting it in PDF/X-1a:2001 format and check do you see something in Acrobat preview as well?

export pdf.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose that your problem is cause by the YDB.

Yucky Discolored Box Syndrom

Look here: https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines