Whatever you decide, test it first. Don't blindly accept any advice.
Thanks and of course! I'm just looking at this as an option and don't want to waste too much time of it if it's already dead in the water.
Been using this workflow lately and it works, for the most part. Sometimes have to relink a few files and run into problems occasionally where original files have only 1 or 0 audio channels (proxy ‘not matching’ errors).
I renamed all the A7/Osmo etc files to be unique to avoid relinking issues.
I used DNX LB presets that I rolled myself - with 4096/3840/1920 presets with 8/1/0 audio channels. Idea being that we could resize in offline & have a clue how image would hold up - in retrospect would have just gone for 1920. DNX was to enable encoding on PC to same format.
I had them create ‘next to original’ - so I’d have a clue as to high res location when it came to online.
To copy just the proxies for the offline station I used Free File Sync and used the filter */*Proxy* - which copies only files with Proxy in name and retains folder structure. Thus you link one proxy file on offline machine & rest relink.