1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2008 6:30 AM by chriskeeling

Firefox "Hide" button issue

maniac9999 Level 1
      Hey everyone,

I'm using RoboHelp Office X5.02 and I'm experiencing the issue in Firefox in which the Webhelp "hide" button doesn't display. I found a response to this issue last year, and it said to find and edit the "whtbar.js" script in C:\Program Files\RoboHelp Office\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_skin and \template_skinpreview\template_skin so that the line that contains "else if(sType==”hide2”&&(!gbNav4)&&(!gbOpera))" is shortened to just "else if(sType==”hide2”).

So I made the fixes in these directories AND in the folder in which I published the output. However, when I regenerate the output, the whtbar.js file reverts back to the original file, even though I changed it in the RoboHelp directory.

I KNOW this fix works because I did it once before in another help project, which has been republished several times since (and the hide button still displays in Firefox)

Why wouldn't my changes "stick" this time? What should I check or do differently?

Thanks,
      Jim
        • 1. Re: Firefox "Hide" button issue
          chriskeeling
          Jim,

Use the old tried-and-true method of copying whtbar.js to another directory, then copying it over the file created by RoboHelp during regeneration. I have several files like that (hacked) and I keep them in a separate folder and do the paste first thing after building the help. RoboHelp overwrites changes to most files when it runs.

HTH,

Chris