Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature password memory

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat X Standard.

I used to be able to open multiple documents to sign, put in the password for the first document signature and then it would not ask me for the password for each document signature as long as I had ACROBAT open.

Now it asks for the password for each document and it is time consuming when signing many documents.

Any idea how to get it back to where you only had to put in the password once?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way it's working now is the correct way. What you're describing sounds like a bug, and it's good it's not doing it anymore, as it's a serious security flaw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a Security Settings option:

Passwords and password time-outs can only be set for PKCS#12 IDs. Since a file can contain multiple IDs, passwords and time-outs are configured at the file level rather than for individual IDs.

Note:If the is read only, then the Change Password and Password Timeout options are disabled.

To change the password timeout:

1. Choose Advanced (Acrobat) or Document (Reader) > Security Settings.

2. Highlight Digital ID Files in the left-hand tree (Figure 13).

3. Select a file in the right-hand panel (Figure 13).

4. Choose Password Timeout.

Tip: The password timeout feature interacts with the Login/Logout feature as described in

“Logging in to PKCS#12 Files”

5. Configure the Password Timeout Policy dialog by specifying when a password prompt should

appear:

Always: A password is always required each time the digital ID is used regardless of whether or not you are logged in to a file.

After: Choose a value from the drop-down list to set a time frame.

Once per session: A password is asked for only once while the application is open.

Never: The password is not usually required when using this ID and you are logged into the file.

6. Enter the password.

7. Choose OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines