14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2018 12:41 PM by norman.sanders

Is my standalone photoshop Cs6 extended product real?

noor.eltahawy

I had bought a product from topsoftwareshop.com back in 2017. I recently went back to the website to check out my product purchase, cause now that I think about it, I had paid $30.00 USD for the Photoshop Cs6 Extended product (is that even realistic for the price?). The website isn't there anymore, so I Googled searched whether or not my product was real or fake. I came upon this thread, but no one had a real answer to it:

"Hello all.

My mother recently bought CS6 from a website called topsoftwareshop(.)com

I have never heard of this site before so it immediatelly sounded alarm bells when she said it was only $30. To make things more interesting is they used SendOwl for the transaction and sent a 1200kb (EDIT: this may not be the right size. I realize now that I may have looked at the wronge file when checking this ouT.) file via email labeled "Photoshop_13_LS16.exe"

The url to this file is "trials2.adobe.com/adobeproducts...." They ararntly sent a full serial key also.

If someone could help me understand this that would be fantastic.

I know the price is in scam territory, and with the two different merchants (neither of which being adobe) and the file directing to a trial file (which shouldnt be of interest since you can activate to full in program probably).

Does anyone have any experience with this particular form of sale with PS?"

Comments below were:

[–]nightofgrim 21 points 6 months ago

Cancel her card and watch out for viruses.

- Essentially, everything about this Forum/Thread is what I'm going through. I had checked my downloaded file: Photoshop_13_LS16 is a 1.17 MB file. What I want to know is, Is my product legitimate? Am I at risk for viruses and malware attacks? What should I do in order to help clean up this mess if I'm in trouble with this purchase and download?

- Thank you!