Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Bridge default keyword filtering to intersect results

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

by default if I select multiple keywords, the result is a unification of the results of the separate keywords.

I would like to change the default behavior to intersect the results of the separate keywords, so I can narrow down my search.

Smart collections are not a solution, since we need to change the filter rules constantly and on the fly.

At the moment we have a very strict tag format which allows us to kinda model that (like all possible combinations of tags as single tags)

+ a spreadsheet with even more metadata. This is really cumbersome and we would like to change that.

Is there a way to do it?

Furthermore, is it possible to change the default tags which bridge looks for in filtering from the IPTC keywords to some custom defined xmp keywords?

I am thinking about creating a custom keyword structure because we have a pretty hierarchical structure and IPTC keywords are just not powerful enough to express that. (We can work around that, but it would still be nice to have better xmp support)

thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vague ilustration of problem. I read that few times and cannot understand what you exactly want. I'm not sure I could help, but some clear example, wrote as next steps of process would others encounter to at least think more about that you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I try to clarify:

Assume I have multiple nested keywords:

• type
    • overview
    • detail
    • on-site
    • labor
  • height
  • wall
  • line

Now I select for example:

picture 1: type|detail, type|on-site, height|10, wall|1, line|2

picture 2: type|detail, type|labor, height|15, wall|2, line|1

picture 2: type|overview, type|on-site, height|5, wall|2, line|3

now if I want for example all type|detail pictures of wall|2 I would expect to select the type|detail and the wall|2 tags in the filter panel.

but instead of getting only picture 2 I get picture 1, picture 2 and picture 3.

So it it searches for each tag individually and then combines the results.

What I want, is to search for every tag individually and then intersect the results:

search1 tag type|detail: {picture 1, picture 2}

search2 tag wall|2: {picture 2, picture 3}

expected result: search1 ∩ search2 = {picture 2}

actual result: search1 ∪ search2 = {picture 1, picture 2, picture 3}

This is already with a more simplified tagging model which already works. The custom xmp metadata model we want to integrate here would be a bonus, but just getting intersection of search results would already be a HUGE improvement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it. I never needed it so maybe it is why I could not understand what you mean. I made folder with 2 images. To both of them I wrote some keyword, and to one of them another one. Then in dropdown menu I chose 'Find'. Selected folder with 2 images (Lock in), added 2 criteria. First that contains keyword that is common for both, and second that is specific for one of them. There is another option in 'Find' Options: Match. When I used 'If any criteria are met' it displayed 2 images. But when I made a new search and switched that to 'If all Criteria are met' it displayed only one image that contains common keyword for both of them and a specific keyword that other image doesn't contain. Is it about that second kind of match you missed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I know that it is possible in search and also as a smart collection. I was wondering if it would be possible to change the default behavior of the filter panel, to the 'If all Criteria are met' option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okey, so I understand. I never used Filters, but I see it's unfortunatelly limited. You can't expect Bridge engineers are going to implement it. What I know they where asked for many things making life simpler but even don't fix bugs while produce more and more with each Bridge release. You may search in Bridge Scripting forum for some adivce, but probably there is need to write own Filter panel Script as what I see experienced users tried to expand existing one with no success so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines