3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2008 5:29 AM by rgedit

avi format to flash for web?

rgedit
      hi everyone how are you?

This is my first post and first time. so please help me out here.

I have got a video edited on Adobe Premiere and i wanted to put that in flash format so i can have it on my website. I need help with the conversion.

i was told by someone that if i use Flash CS3 i can import and then export it.

Flash CS3 is not available from Adobe until 1st July. I installed Flash 8 and tried to import avi file but it said its not supported.

I can get real player format from adobe premire 7 pro too.

My questions is which one is better real player type or flash format? how do i convert to flash?

And what is a flv? compare to swf? how do i go and get a movie that can be seen in youtube?

I uploaded my avi file of 507mb to youtube but the quality is bad i cant see the face of anyone.

I hope i can get some help here.

thank you so much for everyone's help.

thanks
        • 1. Re: avi format to flash for web?
          Level 7

> Flash CS3 is not available from Adobe until 1st July. I installed Flash 8 and
          > tried to import avi file but it said its not supported.
          > I can get real player format from adobe premire 7 pro too.
          >
          > My questions is which one is better real player type or flash format? how do i
          > convert to flash?

Bottom line is that Flash Player penetration is very high. Every browser comes with the
          player, maybe not the latest, one or two generations older, but most of the devices
          and browser comes with a flash player by default. Unlike Real Player.

In regard to incompatibility:
          There are many formats of AVI, with different sound compressions etc... Not all supported
          by Flash. Try MOV, WMV, MPEG or perhaps try different AVI export options.

> And what is a flv? compare to swf? how do i go and get a movie that can be
          > seen in youtube?

FLV is flash's native video file format. It can only run from within the SWF file, it can't
          run alone on a website like MOV files can. You will need to place the FLV player within SWF
          and place that SWF into html document.

> I uploaded my avi file of 507mb to youtube but the quality is bad i cant see
          > the face of anyone.

Try different video formats or smaller size. Perhaps due to very large file size, they apply
          very low quality while encoding into FLV so make it as reasonable for download as possible.

> I hope i can get some help here.

Please try with variety of AVI export options or best just try another format.
          My best results converting videos to FLV so far are when exporting to DVD MPEG-2 and then
          encoding that MPEG-2 using Flash Video Encoder. Quality and file size very satisfactory.
          Do let us know if you have any problems.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: avi format to flash for web?
            NXTmike
            If you have Adobe After Effects, it can export video files (once imported from Premiere Pro) to .swf or a 'flash video' file. Hope this helps.

P.S. After Effects tends to make the flash file very large.
            • 3. Re: avi format to flash for web?
              rgedit Level 1
              hi there guys
              i got the video edited in windows movie maker

then imported on Flash 8 and then export to flv as html, publish it, but there is a problem it plays in the computer when i uploaded the files on the server it doesnt play.

I did put the ClearOverAll.swf along with rajpalyadavinterview.swf or i think its rajpalyadavinterview.flv the address is http://www.afghans.com.au/golmalpyarka then forward slash then the above flie names.

can you guys have a look and see if you can preiview the flash file in there?

thanks so much