Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Compiling SASS in Dreamweaver - Rubygems unable to resolve dependency

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an iMac with macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

In Dreamweaver CC 2018 18.1 when I save a SCSS file I get the following output error.

Red X,

Line: --,

Column:  1,

File:  stylesheet.scss

Error/Warning: /LibraryRuby/Site/2.3.0/rubygems/resolver.rb:231:in 'search_for'; Unable to resolve dependency: user requested "did_you_mean (= 1.0.0)' (Gem:unsatisfiableDependencyError)

Compiling was working for me earlier this week but Dreamweaver would freeze and crash about once and hour. (i use it 8+ hours a day). I updated dreamweaver and then the error happend.  I've reinstalled dreamweaver, installed/update xcode, updated Ruby, Gems, Homebrew, Rails.

Anyone know what could be causing the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Hi,

As Preran commented above that there isn't a way to set a custom path for Ruby in DW, but you can log this as an enhancement request Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting, could you please share steps to reproduce the issue.

• Is it happening for a new SCSS file created and saved.
  • Is there any specific option enabled in site setup-> CSS Preprocessor

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error occurs with new an existing SCSS files.

The only CSS Preprocessor setting enabled was "Enable Auto Compilation on File Save".

Now when I open Dreamweaver to use as a text editor, after about 5-10minutes of use it freezes and crashes. It's the only application running on my mac and I'm not performing any complex tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the issue at my end.

Could you please try clearing DW preferences and see if the issue is resolved.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tic2014,

Could you please share the crash logs so that we can look into it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you say that you have updated ruby, gems, homebrew, rails... but are you using Sass internally with DW, or externally using Ruby ?

I'm on windows, it happens sometime that I use bot (I mean DW compiling and Ruby externally)... I never encounter any trouble, but as I can see you're on Mac and I never tested such a context on this platform.

could you please confirm steps ? are you running DW compiler... or Ruby externally?... or both together ?

is it possible to get files for testing in a different platform ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here after an update of dreamweaver. I'm running the latest stable Ruby (2.5.1), latest sass (1.3.2) and running sass from the command line works.

The resolver.rb crashes on a dependency not met.

Is there a way to point dreamweaver to the external SASS compiler or to recreate the internal one. I already reset dreamweaver but this is getting annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting preferences as requested by Kratika in her post?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that as mentioned in my message.

After resetting Dreamweaver without success, I even went that far as remove dreamweaver from my Mac and remove all caches/p.lists/etc from my Mac, then reboot, followed by installing dreamweaver again.

My question is:

When dreamweaver is trying to compile an scss file, is it trying to use a build-in compiler or an external sass compiler? The error seems to be related to either a compiler not reporting back it's version number or even (I hope not) a version number required in the comments of the scss file.

And as a 2nd question, why not point Dreamweaver to Sass external? When in a terminal on my Mac I can use Sass without any issues. So why not point Dreamweaver to that binary?

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I "fixed" it but would need your assistance in a more permanent solution.

Steps:

• Install RVM using: curl -sSL https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable --ruby
  • tried launching Dreamweaver (which shows still the same error
  • shutdown Dreamweaver and run from a terminal windows RVM using: source /Users/jeboer/.rvm/scripts/rvm
  • Now run Dreamweaver from that terminal window so that Dreamweaver sees the new/updated Ruby version (currently 2.4.2)
  • Now everything runs smoothly without errors.

It seems that the build in version of OSX of Ruby is causing the error?! Which also leads to say that Dreamweaver isn't using a buildin Sass compiler but references the default to the operating system (might be different on Windows)

So questions:

1. how to make Dreamweaver using the buildin compiler (if that exists in the OSX version)

2. how to point Dreamweaver to an alternative installation if exists on the system

It is clear that running Dreamweaver from a environment that points to the latest Ruby works and when it points to the system default it fails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Kratika said, see https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magazine/tip-of-the-day-how-to-find-crash-logs-on-windows-10/ for collecting crash logs.

You can zip the files and upload them to a shared location such as CC, Google Drive or Dropbox and share the URL with Kratika. To send the URL, click her profile name and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there are definitive resolution for this issue? I'm experiencing exactly the same as detailed in the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manojs,

Can you share your crash log files with Kratika?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team informed me that there isn't a way to set a custom path for Ruby in DW.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As Preran commented above that there isn't a way to set a custom path for Ruby in DW, but you can log this as an enhancement request Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines