• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely frustrated

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe just for photoshop and I bought it before I had the time to learn and just played around for the last year.  Now there's time and desire to learn but each and every course I've tried shows a different screen than I have when photoshop opens or creates a new file. It's the options bar where things get different.  I can't seem to do a content aware without including texture, can't figure out how to turn it off.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's gets you started. After you open Photoshop, choose Windows. Then follow the steps shown below:

Choose Workspace and make sure each of the 3 items at the bottom of the list are checked.

Choose Essentials or Photography.

start.png

Then, open an image (File > Open) and you're good to go.

You seem to have chosen the Direct Selection Tool which is related Paths. Start with something a tad simpler.

Choose a YouTube video covering one of the Content Aware tools (since that seems to interest you) and follow along.

Don't lose heart. We were all beginners once. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it's kind of like when I switched to a mac after using a PC for 35 years, everyone said how intuitive it was and for me, it totally wasn't.  I'm not a computer person, if you hadn't guessed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clancysrider  wrote

when I switched to a mac after using a PC for 35 years, everyone said how intuitive it was and for me, it totally wasn't.

<sigh>

I see you've met the Apple fanboys. Of course it's not more intuitive, it's just a computer...don't feel stupid, you aren't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s a beginner tutorial I created about the Photoshop User Interface. It helps to know your way around Photoshop’s workspace before starting to actually create something. Maybe this will help.

Photoshop CC User Interface Tour - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , I haven't had time to watch the video until right now so I'm off to watch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped alot but I still can't get the right side of the screen to look the way it does in any of the trainings, the color swatches aren't there and I'm wondering if I did something to make that happen and now don't know how to undo.  Wondering about uninstalling and reinstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the dates & versions used in those tutorials.  If you're following an older tutorial, CC 2018 might look very strange.   Whenever possible, try to find tutorials that closely match your product version.  If you can't find a tutorial for 2018, then download another version of Photoshop from your Creative Cloud Desktop App.  See screenshot.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines