• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACROBAT OPENS BUT WILL NOT OPEN FILES

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACROBAT RUNNING OS HIGH SIERRA ON A BRAND NEW MacBook Pro. ACROBAT OPENS BUT WILL NOT OPEN FILES AT ALL. HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED. I CAN DOWNLOAD READER AND THAT WORKS, BUT THE PRO VERSION THAT IS PART OF MY SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT WORK. IT WON'T OPEN ANY KIND OF PDF FILES AT ALL.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Ah, I have seen this. The file is actually open, but somehow off screen. Ok, go to the Window menu and Choose Tile > Horizontally. This should make the file visible. With a bit of luck this will be remembered for future files too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Caps-Lock key seems to be stuck. Please press it to release it...

What exact version of Acrobat do yo uhave? Can you open it on its own? If so, what happens when you try to open a PDF file using it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud, so the most recent version of Acrobat Pro DC--continuous release. The program will open, but when you try to open ANY PDF file (either through the menu command, dragging to the dock OR double clicking, NOTHING OPENS. I CAN then open same file with Acrobat READER (which is FREE) I downloaded from the Adobe site.

Frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you try to open, check the Window menu. Is the file listed there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes--it lists the file name, but there are no open files showing on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I have seen this. The file is actually open, but somehow off screen. Ok, go to the Window menu and Choose Tile > Horizontally. This should make the file visible. With a bit of luck this will be remembered for future files too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this works! I have never had a problem and then one day my files "disappeared" and I kept trying to uninstall and reinstall and nothing was working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue with a coworker - her machine had Acrobat launched but not showing any docs. Window > Tile > Horizontal solved it. We tried a reboot, uninstall/reinstall/go-get-coffee-come-back-and-hope-it's-fixed/everything. Thank you!

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This was exactly the reason. I wish I found this thread before I uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally. THanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this be the same problem on an iPad? We have one or two board members who say they cannot open a pdf attachment. I don't know if they get an error message or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

non of my pdf is opening its only displaying saying your file is corrupted so what should i do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can not open my files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines