11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2018 9:35 AM by Just Shoot Me

LR Classic 7.2 Moving files to other folder doesn't update location in catalog

bobscola

From Develop I move file(s) to a different folder (as I have done for years).  The file count in the folder shown under 'folders' goes up as expected.  But the file path shown on the metadata panel is not updating. Sometimes if I click on a different thumbnail and then on the thumbnail of the one just moved it will update, but often not.

If I close LR & reopen, the file(s) that was moved is shown as missing (metadata shows original folder) and it I "Locate" it, then its fine from then one.  Been doing this all week now.

rom develop I move files to a different folder (as I have done for years).  The file count in the folder shown under 'folders' goes up as expected.  But the file path shown on the metadata panel is not updating. Sometimes if I click on a different thumbnail it will, but often not.

If I close LR & reopen, the file that was moved is shown as missing and it I locate it, then its fine then then one out.  Been doing this all week now.