• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom - select and doubleclick problems

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working a lot with my Wacom pen in illustrator, and it is driving me crazy that I cannot both draw and manupulate the shapes afterwards with the pen...

I have difficulties selecting more than one shape at at time and the pen dobbeltclicks when least expected.

Also selecting a small object to move it without acivateing the rotate feature is difficult...

I have searched the forum, and found similar posts, but no solutions or helpfull tips....

Illustrator 22.1

Wacom Intuous 5 - driver 6.3.29-6

System 10.13.3

++michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe "difficult" with a little more detail.

The doubleclick may be how you set up the pen in the Wacom driver.

As for selection: maybe turn off the bounding box in "View"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika - sorry for my late answer.... The difficulties are mainly when I need to select small objects - one or more... In this example I am trying to select both white spot and the the dark brown pupil to move them together. With the wacom it is not possible. The curser keeps displaying the "rotate" symbol untill I have moved so far away from the white dot that I can only select the big white elipse - it totally misses the brown pupil in this case.

The magnification is 300%.

I also have a lot of unintentional doubleclicks, when I use the Wacom.

I need the bounding box for the way I work - and it has no effect when I do...

Everything works fine with the mouse...

I hope somebody has an idea as I use this setup all the time :·)

++michael

IMG_4181.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a shape tool is active and you have a shape selected, you can turn off the "Shape widgets". That's a button in the control panel. It turns off some of the widgets. But the rotate stays.

You might also try to adjust the thresholds in the Preferences > Selection & Anchor display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any shape tool selected - It is the selection tool (V)

I am trying to select two objects and fx. move them. - And the problems is only when using the wacom tablet.

++m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be silly, but can you select the pupil first, then the highlight? Then can you move them without the pesky rotation?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tromboniator - It is not silly :·)

Yes, that would maybe solve this particular situation, but I was hoping for some fix somewhere in the settings or the software?

(By the way: in this example the highlight-dot does not light up as selected, when it is inside of another selected object. It may seem unimportant, but when you do this all day it is annoying not to be sure of the selection...)

Thank you for your input :·)

++m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - sorry - it does light up as selected, but the bounding box of course does not change, and that makes it difficult to see :·)

++m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Wacom Art and have problem with selection too. Can't select small object (cursor always change to rotate) unless I zoom in at the object.

Then I do this :

1. Disable touch feature.

On the top of the tablet on the right side is a physical Touch Toggle switch, to toggle the touch feature on and off.

2. Also try this ( optional ),  on Pen setting menu, Off Tip Double Click Distance

Hope it helps.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

It's a bug known by Adobe, please vote for this bug on :

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/31995940-rotation-handl...

(my 'workaround' is using cs6)

best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I have voted :·)

CS 6 is not an option for me as I have grown very fond of the shapebilder tool :·)

++m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have solved this by now.  I think I may have the answer.  My pen started doing the same thing just this past few days.

Today I tried cleaning the pen, which did nothing (but it really needed it!).  I then tried changing the nib and found that solved the problem.

I think because the nib had worn down quite a bit, the proximity sensor was effectively closer, meaning it was more sensitive to tiny double movements.  I imagine it was a bit intermittent, as the nib is worn at an angle.  Holding the pen at a minute different angle every time I put it down against the tablet, would mean the distance to the tablet would be different every time by a difference of hundredths of a mm.  If the tolerance of the double movement had been reduced to such a degree, tiny movements instead of larger ones (which we are used to) would be the trigger of a double click.  Well that's my theory! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable  doubleclick is just annoying

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 9.03.41 AM.png

Is better to use the mouse for the example you show. There si no pressure sensitivity of freehand flow needed.  Too many people use wacom when they should not and fail to see the suffrage they cause themselves and their coworkers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use a mouse at all. Just keyboard and pen. Having to switch between mouse and pen continuously would be a real hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines