Exit

Accents character appear incorrect

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have two computers with acrobat reader and one with Professionnals;

One of the two computers with reader and the one with professionnal are having issues with "Accents" (french character such as "é" or "à");

They dont appear correctly on some documents;

I've tried contacting the former creator of the document to see if the document is problematic on their side but it seems not.

I've tried looking into languages options in microsoft and everything seems normal. Can't find any clues on how to fix this.

Note 1 : Not all documents are problematics;

Note 2 : The paid version of acrobat started doing the same issue;

Note 3 : the Language setting of the keyboard and of the windows seems to be correct.

Can someone help me please!

Thanks!

Nicolas Girard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

It sounds like possibly a font issue. Here is one idea:

When you create the PDF, you can choose whether or not to embed fonts. Some of the presets include this option; some do not; some people create their own presets. Ask the creator what method he/she uses to create the PDF. You could also ask what fonts are used.

If the fonts are embedded, you don't need to have the font on your machine. If it's not, then you do.

In File > Properties > Fonts, you will see the fonts used.

In Acrobat Pro, click Edi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like possibly a font issue. Here is one idea:

When you create the PDF, you can choose whether or not to embed fonts. Some of the presets include this option; some do not; some people create their own presets. Ask the creator what method he/she uses to create the PDF. You could also ask what fonts are used.

If the fonts are embedded, you don't need to have the font on your machine. If it's not, then you do.

In File > Properties > Fonts, you will see the fonts used.

In Acrobat Pro, click Edit, then click in the problem text. What Typeface is it? For testing purposes, can you make edits?

OR (another method):

In Acrobat Pro, go to Output Preview > Change Preview to Object Inspector 

The lower part is blank until you click on something. Click on some problem text. What typeface is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Have you been able to find a solution? I have the exact same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try to search opening in a browser. I can search (indic) diacritcs both in Microsoft Edge and Chrome (not succesful in Firefox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines