• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator using up memory

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the lates illustrator CC and its using up all my memory all of a sudden. I get a message - Out of Memory Force quit one of these applications. I am on an iMac. Activity Monitor says it at over 40GB used. I have 8 GB of memory, Nothing else much running. Photoshop running is only on 300 MB. What is happening. I just updated both programs and Illustrator is still acting up. Please HELP ASAP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

I called support and they said to deletethe preferences in the library and that seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 5.02.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-16 at 5.03.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 5.03.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called support and they said to deletethe preferences in the library and that seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see here on how to handle preferences:

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

It's more to do with the size of files or the amount of memory processing they require.

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 23.09.59.png

Illustrator file sizes can increase considerably when large bitmap images are imported for example, then in turn the amount of memory needed to run them in turn increases.

I hope this helps,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! I am glad your problem has been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines