• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Draw Bug

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Draw  keeps freezing on my iPads. I have installed the latest iOS on my iPads and have also removed and reinstalled the Adobe Draw app several times.

After installing, the program seems fine. It runs me through the tutorials and then it starts to slow down. Eventually, the app freezes. When I reopen the app, it runs me through the tutorials again and freezes, almost as though the app doesn't register that the tutorial process already took place. There are times when I am able to access some of my work. This happens if I ignore the tutorial and tap on a canvas in the background. I then proceed to access my work and tap on a brush. And then, that's as far as I can go-- the app freezes.

The app on my iPhone has started to freeze too (as of 2-3 weeks ago). I tested the app on an android tablet and it works beautifully! No bugs!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Thanks for posting some ideas Tony.

Yea. A "sync loop" is what the product manager was thinking along the lines of; it's why he suggesting forcing the app/device to remain open. But Vivian left it for 30 minutes with no change in status.

I'm just stumped. I've never seen the app behave like this.

She's tried uninstalling/reinstalling on every device, but I don't know that she's made a concerted do-it-all-at-once uninstall. That might be worth a shot.

valvare3, if you're up for trying an uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valvare3.

Sorry the app's freezing. I have a couple of quick questions:

Are you also using Adobe Capture CC? In other words, do you bring Capture shapes into Draw?

If you are, how many shapes do you have in any single library?

Also, please check to see if your work is syncing (I know it's been difficult to keep the app open); sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw

Please let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sue,

Thank you for your email. My work is definitely syncing.

Also, I do not bring Capture shapes into Draw.

Thanks,

Vivian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivian.

OK, if it's not Capture shapes, it could be a complex drawing... although what you've explained is happening isn't how it's usually described so I'm not sure. Unfortunately I have to start from the beginning:

* Tell me about the devices on which you have Draw installed.

* Also, how long have you been using Draw? And, was it at any point working fine?

* If you've been using it for a while, can you pinpoint any drawing that may be causing the app to stall/freeze? Anything complex? Or unusual? Or out of the ordinary?

* You mentioned the tutorials.... They are designed to run every time the app is first opened (this would be simulated when the app is uninstalled/reinstalled) but are they running every single time you open the app?

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Apple products:

• iPad mini with Retina Display ME278LL/A
  • iPad mini MK9P2LL/A
  • iPhone 7 Plus

I first installed the app in August of 2017. The app worked perfectly on both iPads and iPhone. My drawings consists of layers and using various brushes and colors. The app started malfunctioning in February of 2018. At this point, the app takes me to the main page where I can see my projects. The app freezes as soon as it open—I am unable to open any projects, scroll, or select anything else. After a few seconds, the app quits unexpectedly.

Around a week ago, the app would let me go as far as accessing a project. It used to run me through the tutorials even though it was not the first time I had opened the app. I thought that perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the app would help but it didn’t. When I reinstalled the program, here is what happened:

• Attempt 1: I opened the app. I signed in. It showed me my previous projects. I clicked on a project. The project opened. The app walked me through the app’s tutorial. The app froze after a minute.
  • Attempt 2: Reopened the app. I was able to open a project. Afterwards, it walked me through the tutorials again. Frozen screen after a minute.
  • Attempt 3: Same as Attempt 2.

Again, the app doesn’t run me through the tutorials any more every time I open it. It stopped doing that around 1-2 weeks ago. As of today, the issue is no longer occurring on my iPad mini with Retina Display ME278LL/A, nor on my iPhone 7 Plus. It is, however, malfunctioning on my iPad mini MK9P2LL/A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what happened but the app is freezing again on my iPad mini with Retina Display ME278LL/A.

I open the app, it freezes the moment it opens, and then quits unexpectedly.

Thanks, Sue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivian.

This video is super helpful in terms of explaining what's going on (it is not at all what I thought you meant when you said the app was freezing). Unfortunately it hasn't helped us figure out what's going on. I'm still in the process of showing it around but the first engineer I showed it to, although he said it's an odd case, he wanted had a  couple of questions:

Is the available memory on that device adequate?

How many projects/drawings are in your Draw account?

Also, I have another question:
Do you have Sketch on that/these device/s? If you do, how is that app working?

We sometimes see this inability to tap on content in the apps, but it always corrects with either a force quit or a device restart. I'm going to stay on this and see if I can get some more ideas about what's going on.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sue.

• Available memory:

·       16.15 GB available space on my iPad mini with Retina Display ME278LL/A

·       100.72 GB available space  on my iPad mini MK9P2LL/A

• I have 68 projects total
  • I did not have Sketch on my devices, though I just downloaded it to see if it would malfunction. It turns out that Sketch works wonderfully! I actually never got to tinker with it until now.
  • I have done a force quit and restarted both devices, but the app keeps freezing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vivian.

I was pretty sure there would be nothing out of the ordinary and there isn’t.

I’m going to ask more people about this tomorrow. In the meantime I’m at least glad you like Sketch.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivian.

I managed to pull aside the product manager for Draw (who, by the way, also thought this was super odd) but he wanted you to try leaving the app and the device open for a few minutes (five maybe) to see if it eventually responds. He said this shouldn't be happening, that the app should always be responsive, but he said it appears the app is trying to do something in the background.

To do this I usually just leave the iPad in front of me and keep it awake, but you can also go to iPad Settings > General > Auto-Lock and set Auto-Lock to Never. That will keep your screen awake, but still respect screen-dimming.

Let me know if the app becomes responsive after letting it sit open.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sue,

After initiating the app on both iPads, it froze and quit unexpected after 40 seconds. I left both iPads open for more than 30 minutes. The app did not respond. I tried opening the app for a second time and left my devices open for 30 more minutes. Same result. 

Thanks,

Vivian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivian.

I'm sorry. Thanks for trying.... Yet another question:

What Adobe apps (aside from Scan and Spark which I could see in your video) do you have on your devices?

In the meantime, I'll keep asking around.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one ipad, I have Scan and Spark; on the other ipad I have Scan, Spark, and Sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it worth deleting the app on all devices using the same account, then reinstalling one by one, each time allowing them to fully synce before moving on to the next device?

@Sue, is it possible there's some kind of sync "loop" going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting some ideas Tony.

Yea. A "sync loop" is what the product manager was thinking along the lines of; it's why he suggesting forcing the app/device to remain open. But Vivian left it for 30 minutes with no change in status.

I'm just stumped. I've never seen the app behave like this.

She's tried uninstalling/reinstalling on every device, but I don't know that she's made a concerted do-it-all-at-once uninstall. That might be worth a shot.

valvare3, if you're up for trying an uninstall/reinstall again, let me know. Instead of just doing it by tapping the X I'd like you to try doing it from the device Settings menu. Let me know if you're up for it and I'll post what I'd like you to do.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I just uninstalled the app from both devices from the Settings menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivian.

And.... Is the app working now?

I hope the answer is yes.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled it. It was running perfectly fine for roughly a minute and then quit unexpectedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivian.

I am still asking around about this (no one has come up with any ideas we haven't tried), but I haven't given up yet.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have had Adobe draw for about a week now and everything was working fine.

Now it is started to glitch and bug out. For example, when I try to fill an area, it will say that it is filled and then if I got to draw a line, I notice that other lines have disappeared and it will not allow me to complete my piece!!!

Please can someone help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Babyface.

I think I responded to you (with a really long email) through the in-app feedback.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem. I’ve been working on a proyect for some days but suddenly, a couple of days ago, when I wanted to edit it, it wouldn’t load at all or if it loaded, when I tried to edit it in any way (by changing a layer, drawing a line or zooming in for example), it freezes and I have to close the app.

I try to open it again but it’s always the same, and this is what has been happening for the last couple of days. I can’t work on the drawing at all. I was wondering if anyone could help me because the app has always worked fine for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria.

I'm sorry the app's not working correctly. I have a few questions:
* What device, what version of the operating system, and what version of Draw are you using?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw do you see your drawing there in its entirety?

* Are you able to open/work on all of the other drawings on your device? If you're only having trouble with this one drawing is it more complex than usual?

* Have you tried force-quitting all of the apps running on your device, restarting it, then relaunching only Draw and then opening/editing the drawing?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening Sue,

I am currently working on another project and I need to do the hair now but everytime I try to fill, it will tell me that it was filled and delete a part of the outline. The symptoms are starting up again.

Kind regards,

Keisha

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keisha.

I've talked to a handful of people, on the device you're using, who are having trouble with the drawing apps. It seems like too much of a coincidence that it's happening, so I've dropped a note to the drawing team to see if any problems have shown up during testing.

A couple of things:
Please make sure that your work is syncing. Sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and make sure your work is synced there.

After you look at that try force-quitting the app then relaunching it and see if that helps.

Also, are you certain that your shapes are closed? If there's even a small gap in the outline, fill will not work; and, super small gaps are really hard to see on phones.

Let me know how things are going after a force-quit. I might want you to share the drawing with me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines