0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2018 10:20 PM by Hulkamaniac

Sending TIFFs to Photoshop produces distorted colors in Premiere

Hulkamaniac

I have a series of TIFFs imported into Premiere.  When I choose the "Edit in Photoshop" option, I can go in and edit the picture, click save, and usually it updates just fine.  Occasionally the colors turn to green and magenta (and the image will become inverted left to right) when the image updates in Premiere.  It will even export this way.  However, the original TIFF on my hard drive is fine.  So the TIFF is not corrupted.  Just the way Premiere interprets it.

The workaround is to continuously save it in Photoshop until it turns back into the correct image.  But, this is very time consuming.

In the example below a helicopter can be seen as a small dot in the sky.  I take the image into PS, use the spot healing brush, then hit save.  This is what happens when the image updates in Premiere.

There is also a PNG image sitting on top of it to correct a flicker issue on one of the building's lights.  I don't know if this is part of the issue, but I don't believe so becuase when turning that layer off the problem persists.

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 10.05.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 10.07.22 PM.png

I haven't been able to find anyone having similar issues on the forums.  Any ideas?

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz Intel Core i7 running OS Sierra

Graphics - AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB