• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy selected image

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I edit a club magazine and have used Photshop V12,1 for about 6 years. The one issue I've always had is the ability to select an image (photo .jpg etc.) using the lasoo tool etc. to select just the object I want from an image and then paste it onto another image in an Adobe InDesign document WITHOUT any form of background emanating from photoshop i.e. a white 'box' that I don't want. I've tried everything I can think of. I sure it's possible but I'm unsure as to what terminology it may come under. Please can anybody help as I'm fast losing patience!

Many Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you may want to check out are "clipping masks" or "clipping paths"

Here's the Adobe Help page on that topic.

Use clipping paths in InDesign

I'm going to move this to the InDesign forum if you need any additional help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you cut and paste make sure your InDesign Clipboard Preference is set to Prefer PDF When Pasting. Also when you paste an object it pastes with a parent container frame. Select the parent frame and make sure its fill is set to none.

Also, in some cases pasting objects into InDesign can create problems.

The image pixels get embedded into the document and can bloat the document file size if you are pasting hi res images. And when you paste you no longer can easily edit or correct the original. For those reasons its usually better to place files. You don't need to use a clipping path, simply make sure there's no Background layer in the Photoshop file and either mask or delete the areas you want to be transparent, then Place the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob, thanks for your help - I found another 'work-around' that suits my purposes thus I'm a happy chap ... .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines