• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing 8.1 professional on a new windows 10 machine

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new HP laptop and am trying to install Adobe 8.1 Professional and I keep getting Error 1920 (dealing with print spooler).

I have tried a couple fixes I found on an internet search but have not solved the problem.  My version of 10 is 1703.

Any help would be appreciated!  Randy

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Don’t expect it to work fully or at all in Windows 10 though. Use on a supported system or get a new Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using the downloaded acrobat 8 from here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t expect it to work fully or at all in Windows 10 though. Use on a supported system or get a new Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is more to the story –

My previous computer is an HP with Windows 10 version 1709 and Adobe 8 Pro worked perfectly.

My OS crashed for some reason and I decided to update to a new computer instead of rebuilding the older machine.

I don’t recall having any install issues with my older machine so this is what is causing my confusion and frustration,

I appreciate your help and will appreciate any advice you offer!

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window 10 is being continually updated without warning, often breaking stuff. This is our new world, running old apps will soon be a distant memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a patch that fixes the Flex licensing.  I do not remember where on Adobe's site I got, probably the same place I got all the Acrobat 8 incremental updates, but it is called licensing_service_patch.  As soon as that is installed Flex stops killing Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines