• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf viewer reader/viewer

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I installed the updated pdf reader as suggested and it completely screwed up my photos. Now it is a major pita to try to open and view pdf files. All i want is a viewer, i don't need the reader or any other crap like that.  When I use this stupid reader it won't let me exit out of it - also it screws up the images. How do I get back to using pdf viewer and only for my pdf files?  If you are so inclined to repond with a solution - please don't be vague and send me to some other place where i have to wade through piles of information to get my answer. I just want my system to be the way it was. I have uninstalled this 'reader' crap because it screwed up all my photos and they wouldn't open.

so please if you are going to respond pls give step by step detailed instructions on how to get it back so all i have to open pdf files is the VIEWER not the READER.

i hope that I have made myself clear and thanks to adobe they have wasted hours of my life trying to fix my system that it has now taken over.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this “viewer” app you want so much? Adobe only has Reader. If you don’t know, did it come with your computer? What system is it? If you uninstalled Reader, how did you do that? If you didn’t want Reader why did you install it? What file format are your photos? Please carefully answer all questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happened was i got a prompt to update my adobe ( i assumed it was called 'viewer' for some reason). So I updated as per instructions.( o/s win 8.1) . Then when I finished updating I went to work on some photos and none of them would open as they were not compatible with adobe. ( these were jpegs). So i uninstalled Reader by going through the control panel uninstall programs. Now I can access my photos but all my other pdf's I know have to open with firefox as the associated viewer. Even though adobe is now uninstalled - I now have the firefox icon instead of the adobe icon. What I would like is to be able to go back to my previous version of adobe without adversely affecting any other file extensions other than pdf. Unfortunately I don't recall what the previous version was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You seem to have a file extensions problem. Select a specific pdf file, right click to go to file properties, choose open with or similar and then check the viewer you prefer. Make sure that apply to all or similar is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don’t know either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines