• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing InDesign CS4 on Microsoft Surface Pro

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought a surface pro and the salesman assured me I could run indesign on it however there's nowhere to insert the disk and I'm having trouble installing from the download as well. It's asking for an app to open it so I've downloaded the Creative Cloud app but that won't open it either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

You can download your CS4 installer from

Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products

You must download the correct installer for your serial number. If your serial number is for InDesign CS4 standalone then you must download that installer- not a Suite.

In the case of Windows, you must download two files separately: File 1 (a .7z file) and File 2 (a .exe) file.

I suspect you've only downloaded File 1 and Windows is unable to unpack the .7z file without a separate app - hence the message you saw.

O

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't use the cc app.  uninstall it.

what installation file(s) (name, extension and size) did you download?

[moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download your CS4 installer from

Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products

You must download the correct installer for your serial number. If your serial number is for InDesign CS4 standalone then you must download that installer- not a Suite.

In the case of Windows, you must download two files separately: File 1 (a .7z file) and File 2 (a .exe) file.

I suspect you've only downloaded File 1 and Windows is unable to unpack the .7z file without a separate app - hence the message you saw.

Once you've downloaded both Files, double click the .exe file and follow the prompts. It will automatically use the .7z file during installation. You'll be asked to enter your serial number to complete the installation so have that handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions for your specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines